Senior Embedded Controls and Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, invent, develop, and manage engineering solutions for product control and control system technology needs. Apply control theory and mathematical modeling to design and control systems with desired behaviors. Includes operability, cycle optimization, control logic, control related software, sensors, hardware and software algorithms, and feedback to control the performance of devices, subsystems and systems.
- Works in collaboration with a team of highly-skilled senior professionals. Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences technology formulation.
- Interprets industry trends and business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services. Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology, and engineering. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 10 years of relevant experience).
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience with demonstrated ownership of complex embedded systems and software development.
- Passion and drive to innovate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
Embedded Controls and Software Qualifications
- Successfully delivered embedded production code in either C or C++.
- Understanding of basic of motor controls, BLDC motors, power inverters, rectification, FOC.
- Knowledge of SISO classical control basics, time domain and frequency domain analysis and design techniques.
- Comfortable with fundamental embedded system low-level communication buses (I2C, UART, SPI, etc).
- Experience with embedded debugging and troubleshooting, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, power supplies.
- Advanced Matlab capabilities for design, analysis and data visualization. Python background also desirable.
- Expert knowledge of microcontrollers, basic understanding of industrial motor drives, ability to rapid learning new h/w and languages.
- Experience defining objectives in a fast-paced proof-of-concept environment, capable of rapidly converting to MVP demonstrators.
- Schematic capture and PCB design for quick turn of embedded systems prototypes.
- Problem solving, statistical hypothesis testing, fault-tree analysis, FMEA.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or o
- Full time
Posted 11 Jun 2021
Closes 10 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Software engineer