Senior Business Analyst
- easyJet - 30 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better - and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - we are always #happytotalkflex.
Different perspectives and experiences add value to the way we do business. Giving a 'warm welcome for everyone' is at the heart of what we do every day regardless of gender identity and expression, race, disability, age, sexual and/ or romantic orientation, religion and nationality; because it's clear to us that our people set us apart.
When you fly with us, you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different, and our culture, known as our Orange Spirit, is a real thing. We work hard and laugh loud. We roll our sleeves up and we get stuck right in. It's fast paced, and you need to be resilient, but the experience you gain when developing in #orangeyears is like no other - one year at easyJet is like three years somewhere else.
We're Europe's leading airline - with a network of over 1000 routes across 35 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel easier and great value for our customer.
We take sustainability seriously. We're acting on carbon now, as the first and only major airline in the world to offset 100% of our direct carbon emissions as well as stimulating the development of radical new technologies to ultimately achieve zero-emissions flying in the future.
We have also been named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We're uniquely different. We're easyJet.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work with and collaborate with, a variety of stakeholders to identify, analyse and refine business needs within a variety of projects of varying size and complexity. Situated in IT, you'll be part of a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for helping easyJet implement solutions in a cost-effective way, producing the correct documentation through clear elicitation, aligning to Ops, IT and security strategy, ensuring the highest standards and practices are upheld. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will have a degree of autonomy and responsibility for an incoming schedule of work and assist in prioritisation and triage of requests.
You will be accountable for:
- Assisting the lead BA in building best practises and leading by example within the team
- Coaching and mentoring of less experienced BA's
- Running brown bag sessions and knowledge sharing to ensure cross-functional knowledge across the team
- Requirements elicitation - Working with business and IT stakeholders to define, challenge and document clear requirements using the appropriate techniques
- Creating and managing required documentation, to timescales agreed with the Project and Technology Managers planning, driving the analysis phase of the projects, utilising the right tools available (Jira, confluence, MS teams)
- Using structured analysis to understand the full impact of proposed business change, including dependent processes and systems, using a range of tools and techniques
- Business process modelling, mapping as-is and to-be processes and journeys using appropriate techniques
- Stakeholder Management - building strong and trusting relationships with Operations, 3 rd party suppliers and internal IT colleagues and stakeholders of all levels.
- Internal and external stakeholder mapping and analysis
- Scope definition and maintenance, challenging where appropriate
- Working with all business areas to help define an appropriate and compliant solution to meet business requirements and scope
- Release support of new systems, continual delivery and updates/upgrades and new functionality of exiting systems
- Producing test scripts as required for IAT and UAT and working with relevant departments to ensure correct level of testing is completed
- Supporting and identifying improvements to current systems and processes
- Staying up to date with business analysis practices and methodology
- Full time
Posted 10 Jun 2021
Closes 10 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Airline IT