EHS Technician OTH_AVI
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
•The EHS Tech will drive environmental, health, and safety excellence within GE Aviation's Dayton manufacturing facility. This employee will develop, enforce, and improve EHS requirements and support operations across the site.
Primary job function is to drive EHS excellence across Dayton facilities. This includes:
- Enforcement, communication, and improvement of Dayton EHS requirements on all shifts
- Completion of EHS-related inspections, workflows, and tasks (i.e. Concern Report follow-up)
- Leadership of EHS Program elements (i.e. Crane program, contractor safety, LOTO, waste mgmt.)
- Chemical management including receiving, storage and distribution of chemicals.
- Chemical tank pump out and cleaning operations. Use of PPE required.
- Waste management including maintaining 90 day storage area, waste collection, waste characterization, labeling and coordination of proper disposal.
- Contractor safety programs including oversite, auditing, training (Policy 24), hot work permits etc.
- Confined space entry
- 24-Hour On call for emergency response
- Deliver required training
- Participation in EHS and Operations teams and employee engagement activities
- Completion of Safety Risk Assessments
- Spill Clean Up
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 10 Jun 2021
Closes 9 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic