- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Accountable for safety, quality, delivery & cost for the Goods in, Inspection & stores team.
- Empower the team to take accountability and strive to achieve team goals through the use of KPI's and Daily Production System rhythms.
- Support the team by resolving or escalating issues outside of their control that threaten them meeting their deliverables.
- Utilise Lean tools and collaborate with cross functional teams to remove waste from material handling processes and transactions.
- Ensure accurate control of warehouse material. Strive for best in class cycle counting practices and minimal losses.
- Drive an efficient kitting process by ensuring better utilization of the vertical storage systems.
- Implement a robust warehouse scheduling process that allows the team to look ahead at manufacturing and spares requirements and resolve issues before they impact production / customer.
- Implement a longer range capacity planning model to ensure supply of labour and equipment equals demand
- Collaborate with the Operations and Materials teams to Improve material presentation to the production areas, strive for new ideas and solutions.
- Partner with Digital Technology (DT) team on system and process enhancements.
- Drive flexibility of labour and support team growth and development through the utilization of skills matrices and training plans.
- Partner with logistics team to flex labour across areas where required.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices.
Prior supervisory / leadership experience in a warehouse or manufacturing team based environment
- Ability to empower, develop and lead teams to improve KPI's
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of ERP & stock control requirements
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify and deliver process improvements in a timely manner.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Closing date 23rd June
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 9 Jun 2021
Closes 8 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Freight