- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Loves Park, Illinois, United States
- Work with and provide input to help in failure analysis working from assembly prints, assembly plans, test procedures, component maintenance manual, engineering change order or other controlled documents.
- Set up and operate equipment common to the product with direction from technicians.
- Check and record assembly data and perform / document in process verification required, including FAA repair station documentation.
- Keep the work area clean and free of debris and foreign objects utilizing the 5 S process.
- Recognize process variation, adjusts accordingly to compliant work practices
- Work from complex product drawings, manuals and specifications
- Comply with all safety rules, wear all required PPE, and report any safety concerns and injuries immediately
- Perform other duties as required by the Team Coach.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Experience in electromechanical and/or electrical assembly or repair
- Ability and willingness to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to use & understand mechanical / electrical measuring tools and equipment
- Ability and willingness to read, interpret, and follow assembly blueprints, work instructions, and CMM (manuals), etc.
- Ability and willingness to read, interpret and document technical data in English as required by FAA FAR 145
- Solder certification
- Minimum of 18 months of experience in electromechanical / electrical assembly or repair
- Ability to work independently with some assistance from senior operators.
- Understand and use required systems for repair transactions and customer requirements.
- Follow schematics to aid in troubleshooting
- Ability to recognize problems and resolve in a timely manner
- Knowledge of required repair processes / practices per FAA and internal manuals
- Proven ability to work without supervision
- Must be able to set up and operate most test equipment
- Able to document and communicate repairs both written and verbally
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 8 Jun 2021
Closes 7 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic