Advanced Lead Inertial Reference Units Product Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Advanced Lead IRU Product Engineer will drive design improvements, processes, automation, tools, and data analysis to achieve and maintain production process capability and consistency. Daily activities will include supporting hands-on debug of manufacturing product and test equipment, leading root cause investigations, identifying and delivering corrective actions, and executing product or test equipment updates for obsolescence or cost out activities. This also includes facilitating and supporting manufacturing improvement activities such as: product lean events, developing debug and guided troubleshooting tools, and developing and utilizing data analytics to identify and drive improvements. On new product developments, the Advanced Lead IRU Product Engineer is responsible for ensuring lessons learned are fed back to the design team, coordinating Design for Test and Manufacturing activities and preparing the product for transition to manufacturing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with manufacturing counterparts, improve the build and test processes using standard work methodology and instructions, including documentation and standardization of rework loop.
- Perform updates of reference products key sub-assemblies and component drawings, identifying Key Process Indicators (KPIs) and Critical To Quality (CTQ) features to specify for both GE and supplier control
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug of product (unit and circuit card) and automated test systems.
- Perform and coordinate engineering investigations and responses for Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations including development of Change Impact Assessments with internal stakeholders.
- Execute and lead product and test equipment design changes for obsolescence management, product improvement and cost-out activities.
- Participate and facilitate improvement projects (e.g. Product Work-up events, develop debug tools, develop guided troubleshooting aids, etc.).
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal stakeholders including manufacturing, quality and other engineering teams to solve issues.
- Present changes, engineering investigations, etc. to external customers.
- On new product developments, review and guide product architecture and test strategy for Design for Manufacture/Design for Test strategy.
- Provide manufacturing lessons learned feedback into the design process.
- Coordinate product preparation and transition to manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and their components, including motors, gears, gyroscopes, and bearings.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and get results.
- Mechanical design and analysis experience with inertial reference systems.
- Working knowledge and application experience in dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Familiarity with aerospace standards, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to lead cross-functional technical teams.
- Demonstrated application of problem solving and root
- Full time
Posted 8 Jun 2021
Closes 7 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Product support