Machinist - Skilled
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
- We have an immediate requirement for a Skilled CNC machinist, to deliver high quality parts for delivery against a number of long term aviation contracts.
- Working to high tolerances, the role will set and operate CNC machining centres to produce complaint aircraft components to the required quality, within budget and timescales.
- The operator will need to have a good understanding of customer drawing requirements and specifications.
- Set and operate machining centres producing compliant Aircraft components
- Loading raw billets into machine and checking the quality of components produced
- Working to schedule lists and work instructions with minimal supervision
- TPM on the machine and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness around the machine area
- The applicant must be a good team player flexible and be able to work to tight schedules.
- Attending and contributing to daily shop floor production meeting
- Alternative shift such as night shift may also be required
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or served a recognised apprenticeship in machining or associated trades
- Strong experience in operating machining centres
- Experience with Fanuc and / or Heidenhain controls (Training will be given to suitable applicants with experience in other controls)
- Must be fully conversant in setting and operating 3,4 and 5 axis machining centres
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Self-inspection requirement and therefore desired to be conversant with statistical in process verification systems
- Must be prepared to work various shift patterns and overtime as required
- Need to be able to communicate effectively with other departments as the need arises
- Must be a team player, with a can-do attitude
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 8 Jun 2021
Closes 7 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Tooling