Lead Quality Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control. Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes. Includes conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
In addition, the Quality Engineer will:
- Ensure products and services perform to quality standards, regulations and specifications
- Utilize historical precedents and current / real-time data with appropriate analytical tools to develop solutions
- Perform root cause analysis (8D, 6M, 3x5 Whys) of identified issues and identify appropriate corrective and preventive action
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and verify effectiveness on corrective actions
- Interface directly with customers to provide the best customer quality experience
- Perform audits as required to assure compliance with regulatory, customer, and internal requirements
- Review and assure compliance with customer blueprints, specifications and other technical and quality system documents
- Initiate action as it is required to ensure project / team success (e.g. mitigate risks, problem solve, provide technical guidance, etc.)
- Actively participate in all stages of APQP / PPAP activities, including PFMEA, MSA, Capability studies, FAIs
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- OMLP graduate
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, uses facts and data, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 7 Jun 2021
Closes 6 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control