Finance Manager - Transactions
- easyJet - 30 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
Finance Manager Transactions
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
easyJet is a successful FTSE 250 company. Transactions (processing c£5.5bn of transactions a year) are critical to easyJet's success and the function has grown in terms of volume and complexity as the business has expanded. The team consists of a team of 11 people.
Reporting into the Head of Transactions and working with other key business leads, overseeing the Accounts Payable and Receivable functions, plus ownership of the transformation plan including digitising manual processes from inception to completion, collecting and leveraging data to provide automated reporting and insight, and leadership and people management of a large team.
- Leading the AP/AR team in providing robust working capital enhancements
- Lead a team of 13 heads including 5 direct reports
- Ensuring you have the right level of people capability to deliver for current and future business requirements and build on easyJet's succession and talent priorities.
- Responsible for day to day leadership of the AR/AP management team, ensuring that working capital is maximised whilst maintaining a strong control environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that weekly payment runs, and month end processes are well managed and controlled
- Lead and prepare papers for transformation steerco
- Process re-engineering by optimizing the end-to-end P2P processes including supplier/credit terms rationalisation
- Key escalation point for any issues with suppliers both externally and within the business
- Ownership of transactions cashflow forecast for weekly, monthly and yearly for AP/AR including commentary for Senior Finance team
- Delivery of accurate, complete & timely financial and management reporting, including tracking and insight into key performance metrics
- Making recommendations for change to process; project manage and delivery of certain ad-hoc finance projects.
- Support in continuous improvement systems projects to develop financial transactional systems; acting as the business owner alongside the IT development team for end user impact
- Developing strong working relationship with the Procurement team and management to support accurate and timely payment of key suppliers
- Developing a strong working relationship with the Banking and Treasury teams to support accurate and timely payments
- Full time
Posted 6 Jun 2021
Closes 6 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance