Combustion Aero Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
As the combustion aero design engineer, you will:
- Design, analyze, and test main combustor & afterburner exhaust aerodynmics
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering team to support hardware design & test
- Prepare & clearly communicate technical presentations
- Document analysis & learning during design & test
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in aerodynamics or combustion engineering
- Experience with CAD modeling, preferably NX
- Experience with ANSYS & CFD programs including CFX & Fluent
- Collaborative problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, passionate, and strong communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills & demonstrated drive to succeed
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 6 Jun 2021
Closes 5 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer