Lead Product Cost/Pricing Specialist
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the recurring estimate generation for New, Momentum and Spares hardware, in accordance with ITO and NPI processes in support of Power opportunities based at the Long Island, NY facility,
- Liaise with program managers and engineering teams to develop recurring estimates
- Direct engagement with Vendors to obtain quotes in accordance with current procedures and delegated authority
- Engage with Supply Chain to obtain/confirm labor estimates
- Ongoing review of ERP cost base - drive / facilitate updates with functional stakeholders as identified to ensure accurate and current historical cost information
- Engage and work with Sourcing to challenge the prices submitted by vendors
- Contribute to and drive process improvements and identify opportunity areas where analysis may help improve business decisions
- Provide support to Pricing teams, including Military Pricing
- Understand the make-up of vendors over long term plans based on business projections
- Work with Sourcing to leverage longer-term business value projections
- Collaborate with the manufacturing cells regarding actual data v standards and implement the necessary controls to review weekly / monthly reports
- Prepare comprehensive reports, and perform analysis of business data
- Lead implementation of cost estimating simplification projects and best practices
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a risk management position)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Risk Management, Sourcing, NPI and/or related role.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify and lead simplification and process improvement within the matrix organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and proven problem-solving skills
- An ability to anticipate, identify and resolve issues
- Robust interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective team building skills
- Detail oriented and accountable for completion of work assignments
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and formula
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 6 Jun 2021
Closes 5 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Product support