Strategic Sourcing Commodity Leader
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Essential Responsibilities :
- Define, own, and execute commodity and supplier strategy & performance including annual PPV/Cost Out goals, LTA coverage, and other critical business aspects that meet current year and future objectives.
- Lead complex negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers.
- Negotiate & execute contractual terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement.
- Manage claims; including commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc.
- Use multiple tools to negotiate the best total cost and technical package for procurement requirements including:
- Understanding commodity cost drivers
- Using available information, products, volumes and suppliers to create leverage
- Strategically use eAuction and cost modeling tools where appropriate
- Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels.
- As an expert in the assigned commodity area, communicates across direct organization. Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific purchasing space and on cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy.
- With a continuous improvement and Lean mind-set, assists in the development of the Procurement function towards best practice.
- Provide expertise and guidance of value-adding opportunities from all areas of supply chain including Planning, NPI, Supplier Quality, Source Fulfillment and Sourcing Processes.
- Has a role as a project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger projects.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in sourcing.
Desired Characteristics :
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Thrives in an environment of complexity and changing priorities.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Collaboration skills that span cross-department and cross-functionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 6 Jun 2021
Closes 5 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager