Toolroom Flow Leader- 2nd Shift
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
The Flow Leader will demonstrate leadership in communicating
business goals/programs/processes for the Toolroom business and will have the experience and/or expertise to solve problems, as well as develop and execute on team goals and objectives, ensuring reliability and consistency of the Toolroom.
- Oversight and management of second shift Toolroom employees (hourly) populations
- Perform employee evaluations as necessary
- Conduct and execute on manpower planning and training in order to develop adequate skills within the team to meet customer requirements
- Mentor Toolroom lead hands in the ability to problem solve and coach peers
- Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
- Works together with colleagues across site and specific business unit
- Responsibility for safety, quality, delivery, and cost metrics for assigned team
- Coach, counsel, recognize, and discipline employees as necessary
- Communicates across all levels and functions of the Rutland facility, including direct reports, peers, senior leadership, as well as Maintenance, Quality, EHS, and Finance
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Manual machining and NC programming experience
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 5 Jun 2021
Closes 4 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager