Security Officer (3rd Shift)
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
- Comprehend and execute all safety and emergency procedures, (for example: fire, crowd control, inclement weather, and bomb threats)
- Operate a motor vehicle during all hours and weather conditions
- Must have the ability to make decisions under a variety of circumstances, sometimes under pressure, in accordance with GE rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Maintain composure, interact with a variety of people, including those who may demonstrate provocative behavior
- Effectively communicate to a variety of individuals in a multiplicity of settings
- Utilize communication equipment (telephones, radios, CCTvs, etc.)
- High School Diploma / GED and Advanced Security training or college credits involving security/criminal justice
- Must have Academic Training OR prior Military, Police, or Security-related experience
- Must be able to be a licensed driver and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Basic First Aid and CPR / AED Certified or eligible to become certified
- Ability to perform physical activities as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation, to include standing, walking, running, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and reaching
- Ability to lift, move, carry, push and/or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Adhere to GE Uniform grooming standards
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Must be able to work overtime (forced or voluntary) and based on seniority, may be permanently assigned to first, second, or third shift, weekend or holidays.
- Must obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret Security clearance
- Demonstrated ability to interface well with employees and visitors
- Demonstrated ability to write detailed reports
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and functional computer skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 Jun 2021
Closes 3 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Airport security