Production Planning Manager
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Own Conversion of MPS master schedule / MRP into a production plan at all levels of the BOM
- Ensure plan supports fulfilment of spares, RMA demand & and required upgrades
- Understand shop capacity and constraints. Drive the team to proactively work capacity constraints preventing us satisfying the customer
- Feedback capacity changes to Master Scheduler and support any long range planning needs
- Co-ordinate cross functional teams in the maintenance of critical data for planning purposes (lead time, yield, attrition, min max levels etc)
- Partner with Value Stream Leader and Cross Functional team to drive accountability to execute the plan
- Create and co-ordinate the execution of a credible Inventory plan that drives significant turns improvements for assigned Value Stream.
- Empower & develop team to take accountability of the plan and drive improvements to their daily processes and standard work (WIP Management, WO Releases)
- Measure, communicate & drive adherence to plan
- Manage & drive systemic improvements in material control processes and systems
- Own the MRB processes for Value Stream and drive accountability across the wider team
- Drive improved material presentation to the shop floor utilising Lean Principles
- Work collaboratively with Material Health Lead and team peers to improve the material supply solution to support production
- Own the execution and embodiment of engineering changes to the shop floor
- Work on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver process improvement & simplification solutions for the team & business.
- Balance a range of critical measures (customer OTD, inventory, direct labour productivity, scrap) to drive the right outcomes for the customer and the business
- Partner with Digital Technology (DT) team on system and process enhancements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma /GED) or equivalent level of experience
- Significant experience in Manufacturing, Materials Planning and Execution
- Strong understanding of ERP transactions and business impact.
- Strong understanding of Material & Process control.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience of leading and developing teams
- Strengths in influencing and stakeholder management
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organisational ability.
APICS CPIM Certification
- Previous experience in Oracle ERP
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified,
- Full time
Posted 4 Jun 2021
Closes 3 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer