Strategic Sourcing Cost-Out Leader
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead effort to align cross-functionally on effort required for a series of large projects that provide significant contribution to the financial performance of the business.
- Works collaboratively with Engineering, Commodity Managers, Manufacturing, Quality, and Program Management to identify opportunities for an extensive pipeline of cost-out projects.
- Establishes and tracks milestones for execution of critical cost-out and assigned transitions
- Owns strategic cost-out goals for US Avionics and Power spend.
- Support Commodity Managers in negotiations and contractual requirements for realization of the opportunity.
- Has the ability to conduct in-depth data analysis and independently handle various Sourcing activities as needed.
- Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensures delivery within area of responsibility.
- Leverages appropriate tools to increase performance including eAuction, VAVE, and cost-modeling techniques.
- Able to communicate complex messages to others and use influence to hold individuals accountable to deliverables and timelines.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Works within broad guidelines and policies with a fair amount of autonomy, requiring high level of evaluative judgment.
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve complex tasks or problems that impact the function and provides perspective on existing solutions.
- Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- This role requires significant experience in the Sourcing & Commodity Management. Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Minimum 6 years of experience in a cross-functional matrix environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 3 Jun 2021
Closes 2 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager