Plasma Spray/ Repair Technician
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Subang Avenue, Selangor, Malaysia
- Carry out day to day thermal spray and engine part repair task as assigned.
- Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
- Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
- Perform periodic process tests for quality control
- Monitor thermal spray related equipment for appropriate usage
- Position requires constant communication with engineers, lab technicians, and other employees to improve results of complex processes
- Monitors work environment for hazards and maintains healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation
- Perform work as assigned and in the manner as specified ensuring that all quality and safety requirements and practices are met.
- Communicate any problems to supervisors or other departments as required through work records and other means as necessary
- Ensure that tools and equipment are properly maintained, utilized and promptly returned in good condition after use.
- Carry out preventive or predictive maintenance activity tools and equipment at the respective work area.
- Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance or Engineering related fields and completed Thermal spray Process Training with certificate (course duration: min 3 working days)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals
- Min 5 years of relevant working experience in thermal spray (plasma and HVOF) processing aerospace, industrial turbine and oil and gas industry parts is desired
- Must be able to speak and understand English language to communicate with supervisors and other staff members within the organization
- Proficient at masking and surface preparation of parts for coatings systems, plasma and HVOF systems
- Passionate working in a Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Shop
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Strong desire to work in a teaming environment
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Full time
Posted 2 Jun 2021
Closes 1 Jul 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic