Lead Quality Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
Ownership of quality assurance and control for assigned products/manufacturing area:
- Includes conformance of manufacturing goods, leading complex root cause and corrective action investigations to address and eliminate production non-conformances.
- Influence cross-functional teams within the supply chain to solve problems and address risk.
- Analyzing, identifying and implementing process improvements which will enhance capability and performance
- Review and assure compliance with engineering drawings, work instructions and other technical documents
- Initiate action as it is required to ensure project / team success (e.g. mitigate risks, problem solve, provide technical guidance, etc.)
- Ensuring control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Undertaking special projects and contributing to continuous improvement activities as part of a cross-functional team
- Review technical documentation with a view to Quality and Compliance requirements and act as approval authority
- Apply standard engineering techniques to assigned tasks and ensure that specific goals are met in terms of quality, quantity, and timeliness in order to meet department goals.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires advanced experience in the Manufacturing & Production. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
Previous quality experience in an electronics manufacturing environment. Previous quality experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Experience with leading root cause and corrective action investigations in
technical applications with cross-functional teams. Understanding of manufacturing processes, and process capability and control. Proven facilitation and collaboration skills. A self-starter motivated to solve problems and create out of the box solutions. Demonstrated ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Knowledge of AS9100/AS9110, IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001. Lean/Six Sigma experience, understanding of AS9102 (FAI) requirements, and AS9145 (APQP/PPAP).
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 30 May 2021
Closes 28 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control