Production Quality Specialist
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Brisbane Adelaide Street, Queensland, Australia
- Employ and maintain industry Quality, Safety Management Standards and Regulatory compliance to assure product safety and industry best practice to support the company's scope of approvals, category and ratings across all GE Aviation Systems Australia (GEASA) sites as directed by the Production Quality and Safety Manager- Australia.
- Work closely with the GE Aviation Quality Leaders, Operations Director, GE Compliance, other global GE personnel, customers, regulatory authorities and subcontractors/contractors, suppliers to deliver industries' highest standards in products and services to customers, while ensuring full regulatory compliance and planned financial returns for the business.
- Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control. Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes. Includes conformance in manufacturing, maintenance, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc
- Assist and support the timely attainment and retention of quality management system approvals appropriate for customer requirements.
- Ensuring regulatory, quality, safety management and contractual compliance in all activities.
- Administration and document management of the policies, manuals, procedures and work instructions that make up the Australian operation's QMS.
- Compliance to GE guidelines and policies and the implementation of globally consistent processes, practices or metrics.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some freedom to make decisions within a defined framework.
- Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures.
- Consult more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Assist and support the timely attainment and retention of Civil and Military aviation approvals appropriate for customer requirements.
- Contribute to closure of company's internal and external audit programme.
- Perform ongoing, refresher or remedial training of the company's QMS procedures. (as required)
- Assist employees with any quality related queries or questions.
- Assist in continuous improvement and support of the sites Quality, Safety Management and Training policies.
- Accountable to be knowledgeable of the site's Quality, Safety Management and Training policies.
- Bring forward for resolution any identified risks utilising provided systems.
- Work with peers and senior management in ensuring the highest level of compliance.
- Reporting Relationships: GEASA- Production Quality and Safety Manager - Australia and support Operations Director in Form 4 or equivalent capacity as prescribed in the approved regulation and or, standard during periods of prolonged absence of the Production Quality and Safety Manager.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- This role requires basic experience in Aviation Maintenance.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Aviation Quality and Safety Management
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelors' degree from an accredited university or college (Australia / or a Diploma with relevant experience).
- Lead Auditor
- Develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Civil Aviation Regulatory requirements.
- Appropriate knowledge of Australian Military Regulatory standards and requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of aircraft/component maintenance repair and overhaul process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System Standards, including aviation specific standards (AS Applyand 9120).
- Documented and demonstrated auditing skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with peers, management and external
- Full time
Posted 29 May 2021
Closes 27 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control