C20 Inspector B- Rotating
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Will perform incoming, in process and final visual and dimensional inspection duties across all areas of the Service Shop.
- Perform functional tests on aircraft components, plate layout on incoming materials as necessary, and generate release to service certifications as required for any components.
- Will verify test setups and perform all types of parts and processes verifications, using necessary inspection techniques and equipment.
- Will maintain necessary and pertinent records, and perform related duties.
- Direct, train, or instruct others as required. Map work scope and complete data sheets related to components.
- Will quote applicable repairs as required.
- Experience inspecting aircraft hardware
- Demonstrate the use of basic precision measuring instruments including micrometers, dial calipers, and dial indicators
- Proficient in the use of shop math as necessary, including fractions, and decimals
- Experience working with computers, applications, and keyboarding
- Possess analytical aptitude with methodical attention to detail
- High school diploma, or GED
- Experience operating material handling and lifting devices, including ability to obtain forklift license as required
- Experience using special gauges, (ex: Genspec, optical comparator, articulating arm CMMs) (2 points)
- Experience with open setup and CMM inspection. (2 points)
- Experience working from shop engine manuals, service bulletins and airworthiness directives. (2 points)
- Experience in disposition and quoting parts. (1 point)
- Experience operating various hand and power tools, and basic machining and equipment. (1 point)
- Three or more years of experience in inspection of aircraft hardware (3 points)
- Ability to obtain FAA Repairman's License and experience with 8130 systems. (1 point)
- Knowledge of machine shop blueprints and engineering sketches. (1 point)
- Experience performing and troubleshooting minor inspection equipment calibrations (1 point)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 28 May 2021
Closes 26 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer