Test Engineering Specialist
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Challenge with interesting projects and the day-to-day troubleshooting of existing equipment
- Provide the technical expertise to troubleshoot, repair and maintain various pieces of test and manufacturing equipment
- Represent the company in dealings with outside contractors / vendors
- Provide ongoing support to all aspects of facility operations and test equipment needs
- Provide 24 / 7 support to plant operations with a rotating call schedule
- Provide the technical knowledge to design and build test equipment as needed to meet production needs
- Update equipment schematics as modifications / repairs are done
- Provide technical guidance in the development and installation of automated test equipment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience with Electrical Power Generation/Distribution equipment).
- Strong documentation skills and computer skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and excellent root cause analysis skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with electro-mechanical machine controls
- Experience with temperature control processes
- Experience with hydraulics
- Experience with pneumatics
- Experience with high voltage electricity
- Experience with high-speed gearboxes
- Experience with industrial vibration equipment
- Experience with large motors
- Experience with data acquisition systems
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 27 May 2021
Closes 25 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Testing