Advanced Lead Engineer - Systems Engineering
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users' needs. The discipline executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. This systems leadership role allows for autonomy on executing systems activities within the project as well collaboration with other engineering disciplines and project leadership.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leading the systems efforts for the networking product family in cooperation and alignment with the PCS Technical Managers and PCS business partners. This role has overall accountability for all systems engineering duties for the Networking Products product line. This role provides technical leadership and assistance to the networking products project teams to insure they deliver on cost, quality, schedule, and technical goals.
This position has the following essential responsibilities:
- Conducts component and product integration. All activities that span multiple components and products and are concerned with how to integrate for maximum performance and operability.
- Manages product and systems requirements, specifications and flow down. Drives validation and verification activities for the overall product/system, including system level testing. Responsible for defining product requirements for the module / component / subcontractors and partners teams. Manages interface between components and execution organizations.
- Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams defining and designing the components. Manages the overall product configuration and configuration control system.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- Cross train Systems Engineers on the requirements, functionality, and capability of the networking product line.
- Provide technical leadership to the teams running projects within the product line. This includes supporting project planning, conducting reviews, metrics development/tracking, forecasting, development processes, and risk and opportunity management.
- Ensure timely delivery of networking products systems requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and issue resolution.
- Participate in the development of intellectual property (patents and trademarks) to support the product line.
- Lead interdisciplinary collaboration with software, hardware, test, safety, reliability and certification teams ensuring timely delivery of networking products requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and timely issue resolution.
- Uses experienced engineering judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science -or- minimum 6 years' experience in a Systems Engineering capacity in design & development and/or technical project leadership within an engineering aerospace product development environment.
- Systems Engineering Process Background.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. cit
- Full time
Posted 27 May 2021
Closes 25 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Product support