Manufacturing Production & Assembly - Peen
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
As part of the Manufacturing Production & Assembly - Peen position, you will:
- Set up and operate peen machines and other inspection and/or manufacturing tools/equipment such as conventional electrical discharge machines, grinders, precision assembly devices, TIG-tack welder, heat treat, plasma spray, etc.
- Use a variety of precision gages/fixtures and inspection measuring equipment as needed to complete work orders
- Interpret mechanical blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications and drawings, etc., to determine set ups and operations necessary to complete job tasks
- Perform basic mathematical calculations as necessary
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a technically related field such as manufacturing, fabrication, or mechanical engineering; Or
- Bachelor's degree, Associate degree or Technical Certificate from an accredited university or college in a technically related field such as manufacturing, fabrication, or mechanical engineering
- Experience in the set up and operation of machine/manufacturing tools, equipment, and gages
- Knowledge of Peen manufacturing processes
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, drawings, engineering specifications, etc.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma fundamentals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices on a continuous improvement team
- Highly motivated, passionate, and with exceptional communications skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 26 May 2021
Closes 24 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic