Test Equipment Project Lead
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
The Test System Department designs and develops state of the art custom Test Hardware and Software, Test Harnesses and Documentation for the latest generation on Avionics and Power Products being developed and manufactured within our facility. Working closely with 3rd party manufacturing houses to produce Test Equipment to our requirements. We also design and manufacture a variety of smaller test boxes, breakout boxes and test cables to support product development.
This role would suit someone who has experience of project management within an engineering company, and ideally have experience on Test Equipment manufacture who is looking for their next career opportunity within a global organisation.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Accountable for leading key aspects of project execution including scope, schedule, cost, technical, risk and quality for their discipline
- Responsible for collaborating across project to: Identify and resolve project issues within development teams, escalating when required and ensure overall project deliverables are met
- Accountable as the Control Accountant Manager for project elements delegated by the Engineering Project Manager.
- Responsible for leading day-to-day activities of individual project team members.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Ensure all documentation for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and procedures and is to an acceptable standard.
Degree qualified in a relevant subject area.
- Demonstrable project management experience within an engineering organisation
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
Prince2 would be highly advantageous
- Previous Aerospace Engineering or Test Equipment project management experience.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 25 May 2021
Closes 23 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Testing