GE Edison Works & Military Systems Lean Transformation Leader
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Executive Lean Transformation Leader will be responsible for the design, adoption, and execution of the Lean transformation of GE Edison Works and GE Aviation Military Systems. The position will encompass the following objectives:
- Develop a Lean transformation roadmap encompassing Lean fundamentals, daily management, standard work, problem solving, root cause analysis, and action planning.
- Drive the underlying culture evolution toward continuous improvement and respect for people. Work in close partnership with Human Resources and overall Staff; act as a change agent, challenging the current processes, inquiring, exploring alternatives, and transferring the ability to continuously learn and improve.
- Design and implement a Business System that will be an integral part of the way we run our business for the long-term. Deliver with focus using Monthly Operating Reviews, measuring the critical few and aligned KPIs, and responding through the Plan - Do - Check - Act cycle. Cascade the critical KPIs through the organization.
- Build strategic capabilities through Hoshin Kanri and continuously improve the business through rigorous application of core Lean disciplines. Lead GE Edison Works and Military Systems Senior Leadership Team through the Hoshin Kanri cycle.
- Develop, coach, and support leaders and the organization through the Lean journey, equip them to deploy the Lean roadmap further down the organization.
- Go to Genba to listen and learn at the point of impact.
- Lead the Kaizen Promotion Office (KPO), a resource team for a Lean transformation, an internal team driving the effort by teaching and implementing Lean philosophy, tools, and techniques. The promotion office facilitates the change of culture and thinking within the organization by challenging "How work is done" at all levels. This team assists with training in Lean methods, conducting Kaizen workshops, and measuring progress.
- Develop Lean capability and be actively involved in Lean team hiring, onboarding, and upskilling.
- Provide functional expertise and guidance to the Lean team to ensure consistency across GE Edison Works and GE Aviation Military Systems. Ensure connectivity to the GE Aviation Lean KPO.
- Define a plan to expand lean competencies across all organizations through relevant training programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate across the staff and GE Aviation
- Share internal and external best practices
- BS or BA Degree
- Minimum 10 years in a General Management or lean/operational leadership role with track record of driving transformational agenda
- Minimum of seven years mastering a variety Lean and Growth-related tools such as: Hoshin Kanri - Strategy Deployment, Problem Solving, Daily Management, Standard Work, and VSM/Process Mapping, NPD methodologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to crystalize information and communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated change acceleration process skills.
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a general manager's perspective
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to bring structure to a large size organization
- Demonstrated leadership in a large scale, global & complex organization
- Strategic mindset with hands-on approach
- Strong commercial focus on customer and end user experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment related to Automotive, Industrial, or Aerospace sectors
- Additional leadership experience in the areas of operations, manufacturing, or quality
- Big picture thinker that can thrive in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability of solving complex problems through the application of Lean techniques
- Appropriate experience driving enterprise-wide strategy and/or transformation. The ideal candidate has been through complex change and tough situations; bringing a will to win with strong follower ship and a service spirit
- Models the GE Behaviors (Humility, Transparency, Focus): this is mission-critical for all GE executives as an enabler for continuous improvement
- Highly collaborative person who can toggle effectively between oversight and operating company uniqueness, demonstrating an impartial, enterprise perspective
- Practitioner and teacher of Lean practices
- Full time
Posted 25 May 2021
Closes 23 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager