Engineer - Testing
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Test Engineer will communicate business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long- term business goals
In p a rtic u lar, y o u w i l l :
• Support ne w p ro g ra m s w ith i npu ts f o r t e st a b i l ity an d main ta i nab i l ity e a r l y in th e de si g n c y cle
• P ro v ide t h e te c hn ic a l k no w le d g e t o ra p i d ly p rot o t y p e t e st e q u ipm e n t to me e t ne w
re q u i r emen ts a n d t e st ne e d s
• Support t e c h n ical p e rso n n e l in a ll a s pe c ts o f en g in ee r i n g v e r i f ica t i o n a n d v a l i da ti o n
• E x e c u te t h e de si g n , ana l y sis, o r e v a lu a ti o n o f a ssi g n e d p roje c ts u s ing s oun d en g in ee r i n g p r i n cipl e s an d a d he r i n g t o bu si n e ss s ta n da rds, p rac t ice s , p roc e du res, a n d p ro du ct / p r o g ram re qu i r eme n ts
• Doc u me n t t e c hn ical da ta g ene ra t e d b y th e a ssi g ne d p ro j e ct c o n s i st en t w ith en g in ee r i n g po l i cies a n d p roc e du res
• P ro v ide t i m e ly c o m mun i c a ti on s o n si g n i f i c an t iss u e s o r de v e l o p me n ts
• Pa rticip a te o n t e a m s a ssi g ne d t o a dd ress o r g an i z a ti ona l initi a ti v e s an d g ene r i c issu e s
• A ss u re p ro p e r d o c u me n t a ti o n o f t e c hn ical da ta g ene ra t e d f o r t h e a ssi g ne d p ro j e cts an d / o r t a sks c o n sist e n t w ith en g in ee r i n g p o l i cies a n d p ro c edu r e s
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in an engineering position related to electrical power generation systems
- Familiarity with power electronics, electric motors, and electric power conversion concepts
- Experience with high speed / high power motor and gearbox systems
- Background and understanding in aircraft power systems, including generation, conversion, distribution, and aircraft load
- Prior work experience in aerospace power generation / conversion products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Ability to coordinate small projects
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 25 May 2021
Closes 23 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Testing