- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Painter Level 1 Job Description
- High School Education or GED
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (i.e. - dial calipers, rulers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.) as required within department.
- Basic understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation
- Ability and willingness to use basic computer applications.
- Basic understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation. Must be able to interpret paint specifications within process sheets.
- Understanding of basic mathematical principles, may have to perform metric conversions (i.e. - scale conversions)
- Must pass Visual Acuity Exam.
- Must be FAA Certified.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and paint a wide variety of products with a range of finishes and processes.
- Utilize spray guns, paint cans, and touch up guns to finish product.
- Prepare materials for painting by cleaning, masking, ultrasonic cleaning, abrasive blasting or bead blasting, etc.
- Must be able to repair errors or faults in materials or surfaces.
- Mixing and testing paint for bellows to determine proper mixture.
- Operate high and low temperature ovens, as well as bellows oven.
- Monitor airflow and oven charts; Review expiration date of materials to ensure materials are current.
- Must be comfortable with working with a variety of chemicals (i.e. - isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, MEK, xylene, toluene, etc.)
- Compliantly complete all written and/or electronic labor tracking documentation.
- Perform in-process visual inspection of parts before and after product(s) is painted.
- Report problems to appropriate resource and/or Coach.
- Keep all shift operators informed on special problems involving operation or set up.
- Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of new processes and/or issues.
- May assist with proto-type or first time builds.
- Assists Engineering and/or Team in development and/or improvement of layout procedures and process sheets.
- Perform daily machine preventative maintenance, and change filter as necessary.
- Clean paint booths at a minimum once per week, or more frequently as needed.
- Keep equipment in operation by making timely adjustments.
- Participate in and support team initiatives; Receive guidance from higher level employees.
- Cross-train other employees as needed based upon knowledge and experience.
- Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products;
- Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures;
- Other duties as required per department.
- Experience with industrial, commercial, or residential painting.
- Experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 21 May 2021
Closes 19 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft interiors