Quality Technician CMM Programmer
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
The Quality Technician provides technical support to the quality engineering functions. Conducts examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components, and parts at various stages of the production process, to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Conducts investigations and verification of product, material, and component requirements, to insure alignment with product requirements, procedures and quality standards
- Provides detailed analysis, troubleshooting and evaluation of components, assemblies, and systems requirements
- Verifies and maintains manufacturing, test and quality documentation records
- Recommends quality control solutions to complex problems, leads and/or participates in RCCA activities
- Sets up or builds special test panels to facilitate testing and /or evaluation as needed
- Perform internal audits based on established criteria and records the results.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Complete Capability studies and GR&R
- Train Quality Inspectors on automated and manual measurement techniques, as well as CMM operation
Education : A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications : Vocational Training and/or apprenticeships in Quality Control Inspections or equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience : 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Skilled at performing examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components, and parts on all types of standard and special products
- 3-5 years relevant experience with CMM troubleshooting and programming utilizing PC-DMIS
- Experience with hands-on inspection activities such as first article inspection, capability studies,
- Ability to read, interpret and calculate blueprint GD&T dimensions
- Knowledge of and experience with GD&T
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive oral/written instruction and relay quality issues to others.
- Proficient using MS Office and experience using Quality Control related software
- Ability to work independently or in teams
- Ability to independently resolve standard assignments
- Romar Arm programing
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 21 May 2021
Closes 19 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Airline IT