Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component, Production Support
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In the Lead Engineer role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, as the Lead Engineer, you will:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide engineering / technical support in a production environment
- Familiar with Engineering Change (EC), Root Cause Corrective Analysis (RCCA), Cost Analysis, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong project ownership, execution, and proactive mentalities.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 21 May 2021
Closes 19 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Product support