Tubing Fabrication & Assembly - 2nd Shift
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
Pay is $23.56/hour with an additional $1.00/hour shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Tubing Fabrication & Assembly, you will:
- Setting-up and operating fabrication-related tools/equipment such as assembly fixtures, orbital welder, forming, cutting, cleaning, brazing, marking, etc.
- Performing basic mathematical calculations using precision gages/fixtures and inspection measuring equipment and interpreting fabrication blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications and drawings, etc., to determine set-ups and operations necessary to complete job tasks
- Training duties as assigned
- Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs
- Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a technical-related field i.e., manufacturing, fabrication, or mechanical engineering; Or
- Bachelor's degree, Associate degree or Technical certificate from an accredited university or college in a technically related field i.e., manufacturing, fabrication, or mechanical engineering
- Set-up and operation of machine/manufacturing/fabrication tools and equipment
- Reading and interpreting mechanical/fabrication blueprints, drawings, engineering specifications, etc.
- Performing basic mathematical calculations
- Use of manufacturing/fabrication/machine tool measuring equipment and gages
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma fundamentals
- EH&S processes and procedures
- Highly motivated, passionate, and with exceptional communications skills
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 21 May 2021
Closes 19 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic