- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
- Test and troubleshoot electronic products using standard and specialized test equipment.
- Troubleshoot electronic products to component level & sub-assembly level utilizing schematics and standard troubleshooting practices and procedures
- Set up test equipment and tests electronic products using established test procedures and schematics
- Use product test and measurement equipment, Digital/Analog Voltmeters, oscilloscopes, Hi-Pot meters, power supplies, and Automatic and Standard Test equipment, etc.
- Cross - train, mentor and provide technical assistance to other technicians
- Provide technical guidance to assemblers
- Perform cross functional tasks within fairly similar situations resulting in standardized but not identical outcomes
- Recommend and/or proposes process improvements
- Ensure that all relevant quality information/feedback is provided
- Utilize written or visual instructions involving use of quantitative information from specifications, schematics, graphs, pictures, gages, etc.
- Provide written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations following test, troubleshooting, examinations
- Keep workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Understand and comply with all company, safety rules and regulations
- 2-year degree in Electronics or related field OR Certified Electronics Program (18 mos.) AND 1-3 years manufacturing experience; OR 4 year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or related field.
- Ability to maintain close specifications using tools & gages, schematics and a variety of electronic equipment
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level
- Preliminary Review (PR) Certification must be obtained within probationary period
- Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 standards
- Basic computer skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 21 May 2021
Closes 19 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic