Staff Quality Assurance Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Own large sized tasks and projects and delivers Quality manual and automated regression testing artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach across agile scrum teams. Perform proof of concept activities when applicable.
• Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
• Reuse existing code appropriately wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other automation engineers to improve their code quality.
• Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams. Provide guidance with test techniques & methodologies to support complex automation frameworks.
• Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes, including triage and debugging to identify root cause and corrective action and apply across the enterprise.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
• Use test automation techniques that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
• Create business process clickstreams for manual or automated test execution.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience in regression testing and test automation space.
• Extensive experience in test automation (5-6 years)
• Experience in testing web services.
• Experience in Worksoft and Microfocus UFT automation development
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
• Expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
• Skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Organized, thorough, and detail oriented.
• Oracle e-Business suite functional knowledge.
• Strong analytical & problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and \"behind the scenes\" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Interested in current & emerging technologies.
• High level of energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual
- Full time
Posted 21 May 2021
Closes 19 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control