Lead Manufacturing Specialist
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Essential Responsibilities :
- Technical process ownership for structural and combustion hardware for aircraft engines. Specific focus will be on CNC machining and welding.
- Work cross functionally with quality and design engineers to ensure that new processes achieve established metrics.
- Translate technical processes and methods to train and empower production employees in the manufacturing techniques required for greatest yield effectiveness & equipment capability
- Assist Production Supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems through a drive to root cause and permanent corrective action
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
Desired Characteristics :
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Prior experience with machining , welding, and Non-Destructive Testing ( FPI and X-Ray )
- Self-motivated to get the solution with reasonable amount of time and financial support
- Communicate effectively with operators, peers, and management, in both written and oral manners
- Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions using structured methodologies such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), five-why, Kepner Tregoe (KT), etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong influencing skills
- Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing/operations/engineering) (GE employees only)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 May 2021
Closes 17 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager