Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
- Define and control production processes including tooling and equipment for a new product introduction (NPI) program. Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment. Develop new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done. Delivers products as part of a team. Works in a matrix organization and collaborates as part of cross functional teams.
- Collaborate with the design engineering team to improve product manufacturability.
- Ensures manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are EHS compliant.
- Leads or participates in LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- Drive and lead impact projects that result in significant process improvements.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications; GD&T experience.
- Motor/generator or other rotating machinery design/manufacturing experience.
- Magnetic winding design/manufacturing experience.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent training/experience.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 May 2021
Closes 17 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer