- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
- Define and control production processes including tooling and equipment for new product introduction (NPI) program. Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
- Troubleshoot product failures to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Develops and implements process improvements to reduce costs and cycles.
- Participates in LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- Use production and quality data to drive and implement process improvements to reduce costs and losses.
- Ensure proper documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment to meet customer expectations and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing or operations or recent graduate with intern or Co-op experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications; GD&T experience.
- Motor/generator or other rotating machinery design/manufacturing experience.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 May 2021
Closes 16 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer