Software Team Leader
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here, you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest calibre talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the cockpit of tomorrow, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality.
If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation systems that will impact the globe for generations to come.
We have exciting roles available for Software Team Leaders focused on our Controls based products for the Power Distribution and Controls business of GE Aviation Systems. Joining us a Software Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading all software activities across a multi-functional program, including solving problems, developing and executing on objectives for self and others with the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
- Lead the execution of design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, scheduling, quality, certification, and contract commitments; make technical decisions which balance all these factors
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
- Provide on-going requirements support ensuring the team deliver within the agreed scope, and produce estimates for out of scope tasks
- Where required, engage in technical discussions at a customer level (internal or external)
- Support the identification, mitigation and capture of risks and opportunities
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Provide technical leadership to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization; provide feedback on staff performance.
- Guide the team when working with remote sites and suppliers, ensure they have the support required to perform; drive the roll out of best practices; capture and embody lessons learnt
- Identify and communicate potential simplification and efficiency improvements.
- Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of experience
- Experience developing Safety-Critical Real-Time Avionics Software to RTCA DO-178C / EUROCAE ED-12C DAL level A or B, or similar
- Experience in a leadership role within an embedded software engineering environment (leading all phases of software life-cycle) within aerospace, automotive or similar
- Proficiency in C
- Experience with producing and maintaining project plans, managing risk, budget tracking and reporting
- Experience working to formal software procedures and standards
- Proven experience engaging in technical discussions at a customer level (internal or external)
- Experience of risk & opportunity identification and management
- Demonstrable success achieving and exceeding internal and external (customer) milestones
- Ability to influence others and create cohesive groups
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong process orientation in approach to work
- Team organization experience
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
Experience working with remote teams would be advantageous
- Appreciation of Iterative or Agile working
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand th
- Full time
Posted 18 May 2021
Closes 16 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager