Lead Engineer 1- Radar Cross Section Electrical Designer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
As a leader in radar cross section analysis, you will influence and design advanced inlet and exhaust systems for Military engines. You'll be exposed to a diverse company culture, interacting with disciplines ranging from aero/mechanical design to heat transfer and material analysis. Envision yourself performing 2D and 3D radar cross section analysis on ever-evolving designs for key business programs. Depending on your personal preferences and skillset, you'll have the opportunity to drive your career down a rewarding technical path or pivot to grow out your program leadership capabilities.
- Must have a passion for solving advanced design problems as each engine will have unique radar cross section requirements that demand uniquely tailored solutions
- Work with a people leader who is concerned about executing the programs of today while expanding the skillsets of a world-class design team tailored for future production programs
- As necessary, have the ability to oversee the design, development, and fabrication of full scale radar cross section models of assigned representative components for compact radar range testing
- Conduct radar cross section analysis using GE proprietary prediction codes and industry-based CAD / meshing tools
- Must be able to understand and communicate priorities to the business with multiple efforts requiring simultaneous support
- Candidate will ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited University or College (Advance degrees preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an RCS engineering design position
- Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain and hold a Top-Secret Clearance.
- Working in a fast pace, ever changing military landscape, possess the ability to pivot or shift priorities as business needs dictate
- Experience designing with radar absorbing materials to reduce radar cross section in structures
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs (such as UG, Patran, Hypermesh) with surface & volumetric meshing experience
- Candidate should be well-versed in RCS scattering phenomenon with experience using high frequency Physical Optics type codes and/or full-wave based codes
- Experience in RCS range measurements and model design & fabrication is highly desired
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 May 2021
Closes 16 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer