Staff Engineer 1 - EM Component Test Engineer
- GE Aviation - 339 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
As an experienced Electromagnetic measurement engineer, you will help further develop state of the art measurement techniques extracting material properties from a wide variety of specimens. You will take part in a diverse company culture, interacting with disciplines ranging from material science to mechanical design. Envision yourself tied to multiple programs, with the potential to grow your RCS/EM test career with experiences in our NT radar range facility or potential engine testing.
- Must have a passion for solving problems as material characterization for many electromagnetic test activities will require outside-the-box ingenuity
- An in-depth theoretical understanding of electromagnetic material measurements
- Work with a people leader who is concerned about executing the programs of today while crafting a lab business model that is prepared for future production and surges in work demand
- You will be looked upon to provide EM Testing technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Must be able to understand and communicate priorities to the business with multiple efforts requiring simultaneous support
- Candidate will ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited University or College (Advance degrees preferred)
- At least 5 additional years of experience in EM measurement or RADAR range testing
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a US Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Demonstrated knowledge and fundamental understanding of RADAR, material property measurements, test models, materials, and vector network analyzer operation
- Curious leader with a true passion for expanding a world class EM laboratory
- Working in a fast pace, ever changing military landscape, possess the ability to pivot or shift priorities as business needs dictate
- A critical thinker who can challenge the status quo
- Ability to share critical information and be transparent about setbacks
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, or Visual Studios
- Experience with electromagnetic analysis software such as HFSS or CST Microwave Studio
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 May 2021
Closes 16 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Testing