Senior Power Electronics System and Controls Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Owns/influences budgets and operating plans. The role is guided by operating policy. Works with cross functional teams. The role has autonomy within the operational area or a segment within a larger business unit. The role may have a major impact on a small business unit or Family within a Function or P&L. High levels of evaluative judgment and operational acumen are required to achieve outcomes.
The Senor Power Electronics System and Controls Engineer provides consultation and technical direction to the team developing state-of-the art power conversion products. The activities include contributing to the design, development, troubleshooting, and verification of open and closed loop control systems for products and systems for the Aviation power industry. In this role, you will be responsible for performing engineering work and applied research in the development for next generation military aircraft and ground vehicles.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and verify open and closed loop control systems for power electronic products such as converters and inverters for the Aviation power industry.
- Perform system level design and integration of power electronic circuits and associated control and interface circuits to meet the requirement of the engineering specification
- Develop and analyze control strategies and algorithms for power converters
- Implement the control algorithms using hardware and software techniques
- Provide detailed algorithm specifications and documentation
- Provide guidance to software developers responsible for implementation
- Develop embedded systems for digitally controlled large power conversion systems
- Simulate and model closed loop systems using MATLAB / Simulink / PLECS or equivalent simulation tools to support design and proposal efforts
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in an engineering position
- Master's Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Design experience with large power supplies or frequency converters
- Design experience using high performance digital control techniques for power converters
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Previous experience within the field of power electronics controls and applications, with a focus on avionics or military applications
- Proficiency with standard electrical engineering CAD tools (i.e schematic entry, simulation)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 May 2021
Closes 16 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager