Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager (Data Center/Facilities)
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
This position will work on highly complex data center projects that require in-depth domain knowledge in facility needs for data center architecture, technology, and strategy. They are responsible for driving the design, project management and implementation efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance alignment w/ the product roadmap. They may interact w/ functional leaders to support these technical initiatives and will work across multiple teams including, but not limited to, business, information technology, information assurance, physical security and facility.
• Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining Data Center features, backlog and specifying requirements
• Drive Data Center technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company reference architecture
• Outline multi-generational project strategy aligned to deliver on the expected outcomes
• Define execution methodologies and project management practices to be followed by all projects within the program
• Lead project teams comprising from internal and external technical and functional experts based on budget, scope and timeline
• Manage day-to-day execution of multiple interdependent projects by working directly with global technical teams. Manage procurement and budgeting for Data Center projects
• Coordinate execution across multiple projects and drive shared approach and outcomes tracking
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at various levels of the organization including leadership and executives
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
• Perform initial and final financial reviews, and ensure ongoing budget tracking
• Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
• Familiarity with iterative implementation approaches (Agile, LEAN).
• Strong knowledge of Data Center resource needs: cooling and power, redundancy, physical security, and multiple Data Center tier protection levels.
• Excellent in communication and building relationships across multiple teams to ensure successful project outcomes
• A minimum of 8 years project management, Data Center, and facilities experience
• Due to the nature of the work performed in our facilities, United States citizenship is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Active Unites States Department of Defense security clearance for access to classified information or the ability to apply for and receive/maintain clearance
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-con
- Full time
Posted 16 May 2021
Closes 14 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Product support