Lead Manufacturing Specialist 1 - Prod Process and Equip_AVI
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Job Profile Summary
The Assembly Engineer (AE) reports to the Senior Operation Management Staff Manager and is a project management role that is responsible for managing assembly requirements on Development, Production Sickbay & Compliance engines for LEAP and NPI programs (Hybrid Electric, Next Generation Narrow Body, ect).
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Assembly Engineer (AE), you will:
- Responsible for managing assembly requirements for development/production sickbay/compliance engines.
- Responsible for cost and schedule of assigned engines.
- Daily interface with: assembly teams, instrumentation, evaluations, systems, test, engineering design, materials/fulfillment, tooling and project personnel, as well as the hourly work force.
- Engagement in activities that will assist in the scheduling and execution of engines while focusing on: Integrity, Safety, Quality, Delivery and Over-all Cost Initiatives.
- Refine, develop, and validate all aspects of the assembly process including tooling, planning, and procedures to create a production-ready process
- Provide engine status briefings to senior business leadership
- Coordinate with customers and business leadership to ensure all key development milestones are complete on time, on budget, and to the highest quality
- Ensure engine assemblies conform to latest quality and FAA / DCMA regulations
- Create and manage the assembly schedule and budget through the development process
- Use a lean approach to deliver results and create solutions in a dynamic environment
- Enforce and analyze operations to ensure a safe working environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing/ Production Process and Equipment
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative , able to influence others and lead small teams.
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Established project management skills, proven organizational ability
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 May 2021
Closes 13 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager