Exhaust Hot Structures Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 340 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Exhaust Hot Structures Design Engineer will report to the Evendale site Hot Section Design and Module Integration Manager and will be responsible for component and sub-module design, producibility and integration of engine exhaust hardware. This role is part of the Exhaust Module team that powers the F110 engine along with other product lines in GE Aviation Military Large Combat Fleet.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manufacturing support activities to enable engine delivery to our military customers
- Responsible for the design, analysis, producibility, and maintenance of exhaust components, associated structural hardware and mechanical systems including static (structural) and dynamic (vibrations) behaviors by using engineering, physics, and material principles.
- Work with military customers to develop and implement new technology programs for improvement and optimization of legacy products.
- Horizontal collaboration across a multidisciplinary team.
- Internal and external customer (United States Airforce, NAVY, others) interface.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers. This includes assuring proper documentation of technical data generated.
- Build specialized knowledge in this discipline by working with technical experts within the organization.
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a relevant Engineering position (design preferred)
- Material Review Board (MRB) certification in associated hardware (internal candidates)
- Any relevant design and manufacturing experience
- Proven ability to work in highly cross functional teams
- Experience with UG and analysis with ANSYS and textbook
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 May 2021
Closes 13 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer