Finance Analyst - Central FP&A
- easyJet - 30 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
As a key member of the Corporate Accounting and Planning team within Finance, this role spans across all various M&A functions and will work closely with senior members of both finance and non-finance teams. The Corporate team has two key objectives - business partnering Corporate M&A functions and ownership of the end to end accounting and forecasting for these areas (including budgeting).
- Business partnering HR, Finance and Facilities functions within easyJet (to provide accurate, clear and timely financial information, accompanied by value added insight and analysis to inform decision making, as well as identifying cost saving opportunities and providing challenge to cost centre owners where required).
- To provide effective analytical support to the Finance Manager for HR
- Accountability for the end to end accounting and control for the Corporate Head Office functions that are business partnered - accurate month end accounting of actuals (including BS reconciliations); accurately forecasting future performance (monthly and annual PBT forecasting and planning; analysis (including insight and recommendations); annual budgeting and Outlook support
Provides a true Business Partner framework to HR, Finance and Facilities functions, ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. Business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Business Performance and Analytical support :
- Support for monthly detailed analysis and insight into the People/Finance/Facilities teams costs which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Support with weekly P&L and cash forecasting into consolidated model
- Supporting creation of budget pack detailing variances and strategy for presentation to senior management
Accounting & Control
- Ownership of end to end accounting and control for the HR, Finance and Facilities functions
- Performance of standard monthly processes and timetabled actions and deliverables for the function
- As part of forecasting the full year PBT, understanding the detail (at a level below account by account to truly understand the operation) within each cost centre of movements in actuals and forecasts compared to budget and latest forecasts, including tracking risks and opportunities.
- Preparing the monthly manual journals for cost centres of posting to accruals, prepayment, other and, once signed off, ensuring are accurately and completely posted.
- Prepare PBT forecast and ensure that the detail of variances to budget and prior forecast are understood driving continuous improvements in the forecasting process. Ensure that Risks and Opportunities for each function are owned and managed.
- Ownership of the preparation of the monthly business partnering reporting that provides monthly updates to the AMB on current and future spend. This involves co-ordinating inputs from Cost Centre Owners across different business areas and project managing them to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
- Maintaining effective cross functional relationships
- Co-ordinating inputs from Cost Centre Owners across the function and managing them to ensure deadlines are adhered to
- Providing subject matter expertise and building relationships with a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities that could be reviewed as part of a deep dive process. Supporting any deep dive projects with analysis.
- Full time
Posted 14 May 2021
Closes 13 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance