- GE Aviation - 295 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
- Test and inspect product at various stages of the production and/or repair process
- Test items for dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics.
- Correct use of precision measuring devices. This includes micrometers, calipers, 10x Otoscope, shim stock, depth gages, plug gages and comparator
- Analyze and communicate non-conforming hardware and documentation using blueprints, CID's, MOSs, specifications, etc.
- Plan and assist in maintaining fixture calibration
- Maintain eQuals requirements
- Basic housekeeping of cell (5S)
- Review, understand and follow routers, procedures, specification, and other instructions for completeness to perform operations
- Ensure all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
- Fully understand blueprints; read and understand inspection sheets
- Identify revision levels
- Produce error free products and meet production goals
- Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
- Understand safety and machining hazards and operate within the company safety guidelines
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Have a basic understanding of processes in home cell for CMO & Product Integrity Specialist duties
- Willing to undergo on-the-job training in order to obtain CVP certification within first 6 months as an Associate Product Integrity Specialist
- Keeps team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues
- Will also perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or General education Degree (GED), plus two years experience with manufacturing inspection.
- Must be able to work overtime, when required.
- Ability to successfully pass a vision screen; this may include a test for color blindness.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand at least 6 to 8 hours a day. Must be able to work with upper body extremities. Must be able to walk, sit, or stoop on a regular basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on occasion. Items more than 30 pounds will be lifted with assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving high speed machinery and/or mechanical parts. Employee will be required to use approved chemicals and may be exposed to dust, fumes, or smoke from normal machining operations. (Not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels (PEL)). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Completed Six Sigma training
- Suggests modifications of existing quality or production standards
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors; works collaboratively and respects all others and actively participates and supports a team environment
- Proven problem solver
- Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals, and whole numbers.
- Ability to interpret and apply a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, graphic, schedule, chart, or blueprint form. Able to deal with problems involving several abstract and concrete variables in a standardized situation.
- Ability to read and understand technical journals, abstracts, and mechanical drawings. Able to accurately prepare business memos, summaries, reports, and presentations using a prescribed and/or organized format. Have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from team members, coaches and leaders.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 5 May 2021
Closes 3 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer