- GE Aviation - 295 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
- Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Optimize inventory and process improvements.
- Attend daily operating rhythms to ensure cell material position clarity.
- Stock disposition (Non-Conforming Material/MRB) and housekeeping (inventory accuracy/cycle counting), utilizing site business systems including MRP, ERP, Windchill, TipQa and Proficy.
Qualifications / Requirements
- IT literate with confident user of PC packages and experienced in use of ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Working knowledge of material handling requirements including ESD, MSD and FOD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of planning and execution within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of both ERP & MRP systems
- This role will be required to work \"swing shifts\" - meaning early mornings and late afternoons
- This will be a 12-month fixed-term contract covering maternity leave starting in September
- Closing Date Tuesday 18th May
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 5 May 2021
Closes 3 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer