- GE Aviation - 295 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
- Weld together metal components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, or manufacturing operations sheet (MOS), using electric arc-welding equipment
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal
- Clean weld joint or work piece
- Prepare parts for welding
- Position or clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig or fixture; may tack assemblies together
- Verify fixture calibration
- Maintain eQuals requirements
- Use standard shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
- Basic housekeeping of cell (5S)
- Review, understand and follow work instructions, required specifications and blueprints to perform manufacturing operations.
- Ensures all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
- Fully understands blueprints
- Identify revision levels
- Produce error free products and meet production goals
- Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
- Understand safety and machining hazards
- Have a basic understanding of welding and associated processes in one area within your home cell
- Willing to undergo on-the-job training in order to obtain CVP certification within first 6 months as an Associate Metal Joining Specialist
- Keep team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues
- High school diploma or General education Degree (GED) and successful completion of a TIG welding training course (formal or informal program) or previous experience as a TIG welder.
- At least 2 years of prior experience TIG welding.
- Must be able to work overtime, when required.
- Ability to complete the welding vision test
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand at least 6 to 8 hours a day. Must be able to work with upper body extremities. Must be able to walk, sit, or stoop on a regular basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on occasion. Items more than 30 pounds will be lifted with assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving high speed machinery and/or mechanical parts. Employee will be required to use approved chemicals and may be exposed to dust, fumes, or smoke from normal machining operations. (Not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels (PEL)). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Prior experience welding aluminum
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors; works collaboratively and respects all others and actively participate and support a team environment
- Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
- Basic computer literacy and skills
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals, and whole numbers.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a standardized situation.
- Must be able to read safety rules in the use and maintenance of shop equipment. Able to read and understand specifications, be able to analyze and interpret technical procedures, blueprints and written instructions. Able to read and complete forms to generate meaningful reports and charts. Have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from team members, coaches and leaders.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 5 May 2021
Closes 3 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Fabricator