Inspector (2nd Shift)
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
- Perform dimensional and visual inspection on a wide variety of incoming and outgoing electrical/mechanical components, materials, and supplies against drawings and quality instructions for damage and defects following standard procedures
- Document inspection findings in the Quality system detailing results, error and/or damage, etc. Verifies compliance with industry standards and customer requirements
- Coordinate corrective actions with other support functions ex. Quality, Admin, Eng.
- Record all non-conformances in applicable systems (i.e. TipQA)
- Ability in obtain and maintain quality inspection stamp approval
- Use plant equipment or machines as required (i.e. CMM); handle parts as directed by supervisor
- Perform all tasks or operations per router instructions (i.e. Proficy)
- Mark stock items using tags, or other labeling equipment.
- Provide assistance or direction to other personnel as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively, occasionally lift up to 35 pounds non-repetitively, and sometimes lift over 35 pounds with assistance
- Participate in required medical surveillance programs and vision tests (i.e. eye examinations)
- Complete internal training and obtain & maintain IPC-610 and IPC-620 certification
- 1 year of experience in electronic/mechanical/electro-mechanical Inspection
- Familiarity with inspection tools; ability to perform mechanical measurements using scales, calipers, and gauges
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Ability to read and understand applicable information such as written instructions, procedures and specifications that apply to daily work operations
- Able and willing to operate a Manual Cordax CMM machine
- Soldering experience
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of production processes
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and maintain an excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Ambition to excel and advance in skills and knowledge
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2021
Closes 2 Jun 2021
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer