- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
- Perform wire welding functions; Understand and apply basic principles of TIG welding.
- Perform set up of jigs and fixtures; Perform non-structural tack welds
- Perform secondary processing operations including sand blasting, wire brushing, and grinding.
- Maintain welding equipment torches, coolers, hoses, cables, and other equipment as needed.
- Work in compliance to NADCAP requirements
- Must pass review for workmanship, procedure reviews, operator assessment, & refresher training.
- Possess the ability to perform welding functions in an area and/or product line outside of your home department.
- Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products.
- Assist in new process development and troubleshooting of products.
- Effectively & efficiently produce parts according to certification and quality guidelines
- Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures
- Frequent interaction with internal and/or external customers and support functions (i.e. - Planners, Engineering) outside of home department.
- Train lower level employees, and work with limited supervision. Cross-train other employees as needed based upon knowledge and experience.
- Compliantly complete all written and/or electronic labor tracking documentation.
- Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of new processes and/or ideas, etc.
- Participate in and assist leading team Initiatives.
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years welding experience
- Ability to pass visual acuity exam.
- Ability to continuously use hands and fingers in repetition
- Ability to occasionally lift 20lbs and Push/pull 20 - 25 lbs
- Willingness and ability to obtain certifications required for department.
- 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Transferrable TIG welding experience
- Intermediate understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation.
- Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (verniers, micrometers, calipers, go-no go gauges, etc.)
- Proficient in use of basic computer applications.
- Familiarity with weld and fusion principles.
- Expert understanding of weld symbols and schedules
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience in a self-directed team environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 1 May 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Fabricator