Lead Engineer, Electric Components
- GE Aviation - 295 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for electronics design and engineering; designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. They determines design approaches and parameters; analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests & evaluate results. Common skill sets include Analog, Digital, Mixed Signal, HMOS/MOS/CMOS, PLL, ADC, DAC etc.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide engineering / technical support in a production environment
- Familiar with Engineering Change (EC), Root Cause Corrective Analysis (RCCA), Cost Analysis, etc.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong project ownership, execution, and proactive mentalities.
- Familiar with the essential principles of electrical circuits and power electronics
- Familiar with the essential principles of magnetics and transformers
- Familiar with circuit design tools such as LTSpice and Altium Designer
- Experience designing, manufacturing, or troubleshooting electrical circuits
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 1 May 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager