Castings Technical Leader - Sourcing
- GE Aviation - 295 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
We are seeking a technical leader that can align with commodity on business objectives and long term strategy, including Casting Supplier Development, Improvements, Cost Out and/or Technology Breakthroughs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own sourcing specific ERPs, processes and tools
- Review and improve processes
- Work on special initiatives
- Requires strong commercial awareness, and is expected to influence the development of strategy within own area, including control of resources and influences policy formulation
- Lead functional teams and projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics
- May guide others to consider a different point of view
- Impacts the team's ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives
- Work is subject to functional policy objectives
- Regularly advises management in the function and/or in the business
- Has a supportive role in decision making about important subjects
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (OR a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in Casting Technology)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in supply chain and / or manufacturing
- Casting expertise
- Established project management skills
- People Leadership and Career Growth Pipeline
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 1 May 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager